Halloween is the one day of the year where you get to be anything or anyone you choose to be. Through elaborate costuming, you can play out your wildest fantasies by realizing your unfulfilled childhood dreams. The same playful approach to the day can be applied to your pets. With your help, your dog, cat, rabbit or even hedgehog can be dressed to the nines for your city’s pet parade or costume contest.
When it comes to Halloween costumes for your pets, the following suggestions are among the best ideas out there. You could dress up your fabulous friend as a;
• Superhero. Superman, Batman, and even Wonder Woman are popular choices. Choose your favorite comic book character and go with it. People will love seeing your superhero pet. You’ll get extra points if you dress your children and pets up like members of your favorite crime-fighting team like the X-Men, the Justice League or the Avengers.
• Favorite Book or Movie Character. When the Harry Potter series was really popular, people dressed their dogs like the different characters from the Hogwarts Academy. Hans Solo, Chewbacca, and Yoda are also Star Wars Fan favorites. This type of costume is great for pet owners who want to dress like their furry, feathered, finned or scaly friends.
• Hipster. Grab a thrift store tee, a pair of oversized glasses, and a ball cap. That’s all you need to bring out the hipster in your dog or cat. Find some miniature sneakers to go over each paw.
• Fast Food. The term “hot dog” takes on a whole new meaning when your pint-sized pup is stuffed between two buns. Other fast food favorites include hamburgers, milkshakes, and even fry clerks.
• Pop Culture References. Imagine a real “Chia Pet” or a Rubik’s Cube as a costume. Think about an iPad or a smartwatch. Think of something that was iconic to an era and dress your pet as it. There’s been a lot of pets that looked like hippies on Halloween.
• Another Animal. How cute is a dog dressed as a shark or a cat dressed as pig? There’s something insanely adorable about a pet dressed like another animal. Didn’t see you the picture circulating around the net of the dog that looked like a panda? How much did the photo warm your heart and get you thinking about your pet’s next costume?
• A Career Professional. Choose an occupation like nursing or stock trader and dress your pet accordingly. Make sure to accessorize. A nurse dog can have a stethoscope around its neck. A stock trader can have a copy of the Wall Street Journal sticking out of its suit jacket pocket. Make your furry, feathered, scaly, and finned friends part of the fun this Halloween.
Most of these ideas are sent to me by Karen from dog costume collection at Pawtini.com. If you need a coupon code, feel free to comment below so i can hook you up Start thinking about their costumes early so you can purchase or make their superhero capes, reindeer antlers or fire truck getup before it’s too late. The Halloween costume your pet wears this year is limited to your imagination and your imagination alone.